Privacy & Policies
2. Data Protection
AzuraMart, the largest growing E-Commerce site in Asia is committed to protecting your privacy and respect and upholding your rights under the Laws of peoples’ Republic of Malaysia contained in ‘The Digital Security Act, 2018’, ‘The Data Protection Act, 2018’, ‘ICT Act, 2006’. By using this website or providing us with your personal information, you agree to and consent to the collection, use, holding, and disclosure of the personal information by AzuraMart, provided by you, as set out in this policy. We act in our customers' interest and are transparent about the processing of your personal data. Our Policy explains how to contact us if you have any questions about the management of your personal information or would like to access the personal information, we hold about you.
In this Policy, “Azura”, “we”, “our”, or “us” means Azura Mart (and all its subsidiaries) with its registered office at No - 8, Pintus Tuna 3, Seberang Jaya Perai 13700, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia and we may amend this Policy at any time by posting updated versions on our website. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information that we receive from our users of the website. By using the website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
3. Data Collected By AzuraMart
Generally, the information we collect about customers includes your name, home or work address, delivery address, phone number, payment, credit and billing information, and e-mail addresses. In some instances, we may also collect your ID, i.e. ‘Driver’s License’, or ‘NID’. We also collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, i.e. your postcode, age, gender, shopping preferences, interests, and favorites. When you visit our websites, we may also collect information about your computer, including your IP address.
We also collect information about your use of our website using cookies. You can choose to decline cookies, but if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience our online interactive features. We may also collect additional information about customers, including purchase history, location, and preferences, either directly, or through our business partners (including, who administer our store or other kinds of cards). Ordinarily, as our customers, you can purchase goods from us without disclosing personal information, but in this situation, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services available on our website.
AzuraMart shall collect the following information where you are a buyer:
- Identity Data, such as your name, gender, profile picture, and date of birth; Contact data, such as billing address, delivery address/location, email address, and phone numbers;
- Biometric data, such as voice files and face recognition when you use our voice search function, and your facial features of when you use the Site;
- Billing account information: bank account details, credit card account, and payment information (such account data may also be collected directly by our affiliates and/or third-party payment service providers);
- Transaction records/data, such as details about orders and payments, user clicks, and other details of products and services related to you;
- Technical data, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, device information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, international mobile equipment identity, device identifier, IMEI, MAC address, cookies (where applicable) and other information and technology on the devices you use to access the Site;
- Profile data, such as your username and password, account settings, orders related to you, user research, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses;
- Usage data, such as information on how you use the Site, products, and services or view any content on the Site, including the time spent on the Site, items and data searched for on the Site, access times and dates, as well as websites you were visiting before you came to the Site and other similar statistics;
- Location data, such as when you capture and share your location with us in the form of photographs or videos and upload such content to the Site;
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history on the Site or with third-party customer service providers; and
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but please be reminded that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. When we collect data through the Site, we collect your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
5. Personal Information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion. Personal information we may collect from you includes, without limitation, your name, address, email address, telephone number(s), and date of birth. Personal information also includes credit information. Credit information is personal information or an opinion about you that has a bearing on credit that has been provided to you or that you have applied for. Credit information includes information about credit that was applied for or provided to you for domestic, household, personal, or other investment purposes as well as additional information about you, where you are a guarantor of a loan.
6. Collection Gateway
AzuraMart will collect personal information and all other necessary information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, we will only collect personal information about you directly from you. We also may collect your personal information from reputable third-party lead generation sources for marketing purposes, but only where you have consented to disclosure of your information to AzuraMart and for us to send you marketing communication. AzuraMart will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities.
Personal information may be collected by AzuraMart in varied circumstances, including:
- When you make an inquiry with us via email or telephone;
- Visit our website for placing an order;
- Lodge an inquiry or application in relation to any AzuraMart products or services; or
- Apply for employment with AzuraMart.
If you are applying for a product or service offered on azuramart.com, AzuraMart or our third-party partners may also collect credit-related personal information about you as a result of credit checks that third parties carry out in connection with your application. The kinds of credit-related personal information AzuraMart may collect about you includes:
- Information about your identity;
- Information about consumer credit loans that you currently have applied for including:
- Repayment history information;
- The type and amount of credit sought in each application;
- Default and payment information;
If you use a pseudonym when dealing with us or do not provide identifiable information, AzuraMart may not be able to provide you with any or all of our services as requested. If you wish to remain anonymous when you use our website, then do not sign into it or provide any information that might identify you. AzuraMart requires individuals to provide accurate, up-to-date, or complete personal information at the time it is collected.
7. Scope and Usage Of Personal Information
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection, AzuraMart uses your personal information - for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes, and for the purposes of:
- Providing our products and services to you;
- Providing AzuraMart branded products and services that are provided by our third-party partners;
- Our internal management needs;
- Our marketing activities, including marketing activities relating to AzuraMart, products, and services that are provided by our third-party partners;
- Responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- Assessing, processing, and managing your applications for products and services or AzuraMart products and services offered by our third-party partners, including assessing your credit risk and our risk;
- Any other purpose you have consented to; and
- Any use which is required or authorized by the Laws of the Peoples’ Republic of Malaysia.
7. Disclosure Scopes
- AzuraMart may disclose your personal information:
- To third-parties we ordinarily engage for the above purposes;
- Organizations that provide products or services used or marketed by AzuraMart;
- Any person or entity to whom you have consented to AzuraMart disclosing
- Your personal information to; and
Any person or entity to whom we are required or authorized to disclose your personal information in accordance with the law.
8. User rights
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right to request access to the personal data which we may hold or process about you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. At any stage, you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Where permitted by applicable data protection laws, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal data records. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
You may communicate the withdrawal of your consent to the continued use, disclosure, storing, and/or processing of your personal data by contacting our customer services, subject to the conditions and/or limitations imposed by applicable laws or regulations. Please note that if you communicate the withdrawal of your consent to our use, disclosure, storing, or processing of your personal data for the purposes and in the manner as stated above or exercise your other rights as available under applicable local laws, we may not be in a position to continue to provide the Services to you or perform any contract we have with you, and we will not be liable in the event that we do not continue to provide the Services to or perform our contract with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such an event.
Furthermore, you also have the right to ask us to delete your data held by us. In the event you wish to have your data deleted, you may contact our customer services to fill up a deletion request form (“Deletion Request”). Our customer service agent will reach out to you to assist you with the process. Refer to the link for more information.
Once you have submitted in Deletion Request, we will take fifteen (15) working days from the receipt of your Deletion Request to delete your data.